Distribution America is the nation’s largest regional network of independent hardware, hardlines, and paint sundries wholesale distributors. The multi-billion dollar organization covers 50 states and international markets assisting distributors and thousands of retailers with merchandising and marketing programs. Our combined buying power enables our retailers to compete profitably in their markets.
Distribution America is a true co-operative, owned by a group of distribution companies in the hardware and paint industry located strategically throughout the country providing national coverage. The benefits of two-step distribution is to serve as supply chain manager between manufacturer and retailer using technology to reduce costs by eliminating redundancies with the focus on profitable growth throughout the chain. Distribution America is committed to seeking out manufacturer programs, product quality, and service to best serve the needs of our members and their channel of distribution.
Headquartered in Charlotte NC, Distribution America was formed in 1991 with the merger of Liberty Distributors and Sentry Hardware. DA and it’s Member/Owners support retailers in all 50 states, South America and the Caribbean.
AREAS of EMPHASIS
- Interfacing with vendor community
- Establishing programs for DA distributors
- Negotiating advertising specials and opportunities
- Communicating special deals and discounts
- Coordinating import buys
- Central Payment Program
- Colsolidation of member remittances for payment to vendors
- Electronic payment of funds (ACH)
- Coordination of benchmark results among members through the use of a monthly scorecard
- Print Promotions
- Design Services
- Display Kits
- Website Design
- Support Vehicles
- Product assortment strategies
- Retail pricing system
- Retail market analysis
- Retail design & layout
- Retail decor
- Retail branding strategies